Performs assigned patient care, as well as a variety of environmental and material management functions which support patient care activities in the intraoperative period.
1. Obtains case carts, supplies, and equipment needed for safe and efficient patient care. Checks emergency case carts daily.
2. Maintains anesthesia specialty carts, nerve block room and Birthing Pavilion.
3. Cleans, maintains, and sets up anesthesia equipment, including transducer set-ups, blood warmers, and fiber optic scopes.
4. Executes environmental cleaning processes for all Perioperative areas including procedural and non-procedural spaces, restricted and semi-restricted spaces and all equipment contained therein.
5. Prepares special infusion devices (RIS and Level 1) for trauma and emergent procedures.
6. Maintains non-controlled medications for both anesthesia and intraoperative use.
7. Cleans and maintains equipment needed for specialty procedures.
8. Prepares Operating Room (OR) table for various specialty procedures.
9. Maintains nursing specialty carts, nursing sets, all OR and anesthesia supply areas, and suture carts.
10. Performs daily calibrations on anesthesia laboratory equipment.
11. Sets-up and calibrates disposable blood pressure monitoring equipment.
12. Ensures availability of gas tanks and regulators for safe transfer of patients. Maintains supply of personal protective equipment.
13. Ensures proper handling of sharps containers, and soiled linen and trash.
14. Stocks and maintains assigned carts.
15. Transports patients from other locations within the hospital to the OR, following established policies and procedures.
16. Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Anesthesia provider, positions patients for the administration of regional anesthesia and/or surgical procedures, participates in the transfer of patients to stretchers, beds, and/or operating room tables, and performs point of care laboratory testing.
17. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü High school graduate with 2 years of work experience required.
ü Must possess the ability to anticipate, prioritize, and coordinate work in a high stress environment (which involves responding to emergency situations and tight schedules).
ü Excellent verbal and written communication skills desired.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
ü Must obtain BLS certification within four (4) weeks of hire date
Currently Registered with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical Technicians