* Catalyst characterization experience
* Troubleshooting skills
* Perform catalyst characterization; some techniques include:TGA, XRD, SEM, Physisorption, Chemisorption, BET Surface area, Particle size analysis, IR Spectroscopy. Will use LabView
* Troubleshooting skills - will need to do more than just run an instrument and spit out data.
* Additional tasks include wet chemistry methods, dry formulations, blending, operating autoclaves and pressurized units, processing hydrocarbons, scale-up/bench unit operations, using cylinder gases, operating a variety of laboratory equipment including sophisticated characterization equipment, fixed bed micro-units and membrane apparatus.
* Catalyst preparation tasks include extrusion, spray drying, calcination, crystallization, steaming, impregnations and ion exchanges.
* Organize laboratory areas, prepare and submit samples, record observations and data, provide input for modifications of processes and equipment
* Knowledge of the applications and uses of materials in petroleum refining/petrochemical processes, heterogeneous catalyst characterization, metal oxides, molecular sieves, materials properties and inorganic chemistry is desirable.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.