Job ID: 148094
Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies, Inc. (AERT), a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). AERT has pioneered the use of recycled polyethylene plastic in the manufacture of composite building materials. With its constantly evolving portfolio of patented and proprietary recycling technologies, AERT has been widely recognized as a leader in resource conservation innovation and received the EPA Award for Environmental Excellence for its process of converting scrap plastic to composite outdoor decking.
The Lead Lab Technician Leads and assists in coordinating activities of personnel engaged in performing laboratory tests to determine physical characteristics or composition of materials for such purposes as quality control, process control, or product development by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Lab Technicians in the safe performance of everyday lab procedures
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as extruders, plastometers, agitators/shakers, balance scales, spectrophotometers, ovens, injection molders, DSC, moisture analyzer, and other equipment
- Tests materials used as ingredients in composite lumber products and sale for outside vendors for such qualities as purity, density, color and melt index
- Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications
- Records test results on standardized forms, computer programs, ERP system, and internal company database
- Prepares graphs and charts
- Ensures technicians are cleaning, running, and maintaining laboratory equipment according to SOPs
- Ensures technicians are recording data correctly on paperwork and in the database
- Ensures technicians are testing products according to PTPs
- Calibrates laboratory instruments
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Assists the Lab Supervisor in maintaining testing records, results, and sample retention procedures
- Directly communicates with the Shift Plant Manager and Plant Supervisors throughout their shift
- Communicates results of tests to production and lab management that do not meet the specifications according to the PTPs (Product Testing Procedures)
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; with at least 1 year of related experience in QA
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to be able to read and interpret documents
- Must have excellent computer and math skills, Ross a plus
- Must have working knowledge of QA lab tools, equipment, and programs
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
AERT, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.