Principal Research Associate/Scientist/Senior Scientist, RNA Analytics, 1011192
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Client is seeking a candidate who will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art genomic technologies and develop methods to implement these technologies towards developing personalized medicine to regulate the molecular pathways of disease. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the NGS workflow. They will participate in the process and development of current and new protocols (e.g. RNA-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, Perturb-seq, etc), working to improve current sequencing efforts and to innovate and troubleshoot new NGS workflows.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Process biological samples for multiple projects utilizing SOPs for developed NGS methods.
- Analyze quality of library generation, troubleshoot challenges that occur during library preparation and identify opportunities for protocol improvement.
- Improve upon and/or develop new methods and protocols to address key experimental questions.
- Work with the supervisor to plan and meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Work collaboratively within the NGS team to complete team projects and achieve goals and deadlines.
- Provide reports that will serve as scientific contribution to external collaborations
- Perform highly complex testing according to established SOPs (NGS library prep, hybridization, and sequencing).
- Operate automated 8-span and 96-head liquid handling platforms for sample processing.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks.
- Review and write SOPs as needed.
- Be a trusted team member as a “go-to” person to field questions.
- Train others in qualified laboratory functions/tasks.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. with 2-4 years post-graduate experience or BS or MS in biology with 4-8 years industrial experience
- Experience with automation is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in working with RNA, DNA, NGS library generation, and various NGS technologies.
- Experience working with and analyzing NGS data is preferred.
- Familiarity with high throughput platforms and common molecular laboratory equipment (pipettes, thermocyclers, liquid handlers, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working with DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
- Well organized.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with ensuring and maintaining the integrity and quality of the lab (sample processing, equipment, SOPs).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and achieve deadlines while maintaining an organized workspace and laboratory notebook.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178