Quality Control Microbiologist
Location: San Diego
Salary: $40 - $45k
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
Perform routine environmental monitoring of GMP manufacturing facilities. Assist with trending of environmental monitoring data. Perform routine microbiological testing such as endotoxin, bioburden and sterility. Assist with writing method validation protocols, reports and SOP(s) for microbiological operations. Generate test results and report results for the assigned GMP testing in a timely and compliant manner. Support investigations as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the field of molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline.
- 2+ years of Quality Control experience in GMP biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Recent Quality Control/ Analytical/Method Validation experience with Biologics strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of GMP regulations and experience with regulatory compliance inspections
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a highly collaborative environment and work flexibly are essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Perform routine environmental monitoring
- Perform routine microbiological testing such as endotoxin and bioburden testing for GMP samples, including product and clean utilities
- Trending environmental monitoring data
- Create and or revise SOP(s) for microbiological operation
- Assist in improving QC systems as assigned by supervisor, including revising QC system or analytical method SOPs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.