Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Travels to assigned facilities to provide on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical instruments and trays to contracted facilities in compliance with the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facilities goals and policies. This is a full time position (non contract) that provides benefits, paid time off and paid holidays.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations.
- Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to appropriate leadership.
- Reports broken instrumentation and equipment.
- Adheres to IMS and facility dress requirements, is neat and well-groomed at all times.
- Arrives at facility at scheduled time and is consistently ready for work assignments.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all telephone and electronic communications.
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public arenas.
- Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures and supports policies and procedures of facility.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings as required by the facility and IMS.
- Promotes best demonstrated practices with co-workers through open communication and continuous improvement of skills.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and IMS regarding identified problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- Adheres to IMS Travel and Expense policies.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year experience in SPD or Surgical Technology required.
- SPD Technician Certification required. Must maintain valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and be available to operate a vehicle as needed to meet travel requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic computer skills and aptitude.
- Must meet and maintain IMS standards for quality and productivity.
- Must be able and available to travel as needed and maintain valid credit card to meet travel requirements of the job. Ability to work daily in a fast-paced, high pressure Healthcare Service environment.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.