Travel Required: None
GDIT is seeking a Director of Business Development for the Transportation, Justice, Finance, and Science & Engineering Sector. This individual will lead the identification, qualification and pursuit of new business opportunities within the Federal Civilian and related markets, leveraging their deep understanding of the addressable markets within the Federal government. Specifically, this business director will focus on positioning for and successfully competing for new work that supports GDIT’s biopharmaceutical product development organization to build infrastructure and function as a prime contractor to both the US Government and commercial markets.
GDIT Business Development Directors leverage their knowledge to develop customer and partner relationships, provide thought leadership in the marketplace and lead the development and execution of GDIT go-to-market account plans. This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a leadership role as we work together to create the Next GDIT and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to meet critical technology and mission challenges. The breadth of GDIT’s portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands.
Everyday General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We are inspired by the important missions of our customers and we believe that by working together we can deliver exceptional solutions and services to enable the safety, security, health, and well-being of our nation!
Duties for the Business Development Director role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership across the new business development lifecycle - from opportunity identification, qualification, and win strategy development through the post-submission phase of the Capture process.
- Working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, he/she will formulate, communicate, and implement an integrated business development and capture strategy that provides customers a clear and defensible justification for selecting GDIT for the award.
- Developing and implementing account plans and campaign strategies, maintaining current knowledge of the customer's requirements, understanding the strengths/weaknesses of our competitors, and architecting winning strategies that highlight GDIT’s strengths and mitigate any perceived weaknesses.
- Establishing value-added teaming strategies and deploying competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, business, or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and previous work or military experience.
- 10+ years of experience with a demonstrable track record of engagement and success within the Transportation, Justice, Finance, and Science & Engineering Sector.
- Successful track record advancing new business development strategies and Information Technology solutions for cyber security, cloud services, and enterprise infrastructure support.
- Proven ability to build relationships and lead through influence at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office familiarity (MS Word, xcel, outlook, etc.)
- Active engagement as a visible thought leader in the relevant customer eco-system(s).
- Proven track record of identifying and closing on new business opportunities in relevant markets.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in bio-science or related technical discipline
- Results orientation with sense of urgency
- Able to Develop actionable plans by leveraging market knowledge
- Highly collaborative leader that can lead teams and also contribute effectively as a team member or individual contributor
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.