- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be licensed in the State of Tennessee as MLT.
- Able to work as a Generalist in multiple areas of the lab.
• BLS through American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required at the time of hire.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Starr Regional Medical Center
Medical Lab Tech (MLT) – Full Time – Evening Shift - position available.
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs clinical laboratory assays in the following sections: Chemistry, Hematology/Coagulation, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Urinalysis/Serology/Clinical Microscopy and Serology.
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots laboratory equipment consistent with training and work assignment.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities--Q.C., proficiency testing, process improvement, monitoring and competency testing.
- Collects blood specimens by venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Prepares specimens and requisitions for referral.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes all required reports and records.
- Uses LIS according to Policy and Procedure.
- Maintains supplies inventories and controls supply usage.
- Processes outpatients and on-hospital patients for laboratory services including orders, specimen collection and patient education.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lab Director, Lab Manager, Assistant Lab Manager or Section Supervisor.
- Maintains work area in a neat and organized manner; decontaminates area according to policy.