This position offers full time, day hours in a fast paced work environment. This position offers excellent benefits, casual dress and is located at our company in Toulon, IL.
• Experience in laboratory work desired, however on the job training is provided.
• Agricultural background desired.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced work environment.
• Must be well organized.
• Must be able to manage numbers mentally.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods.
• Must be able to regularly lift 15-30 pounds.
• Must be dependable and able to attend work regularly.
• Must be able to display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
• Prepare, label, process, soil and plant samples.
• Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
• Assist with keeping laboratory area and equipment clean and organized.
• Perform general laboratory duties.
• Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
• Review and update quality manual procedures as needed.
• Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
• Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.