Responsible for performing all assays done in ClinicalGenomics and Advanced Technology labs including Molecular Pathology andCytogenetics with accuracy and efficiency.
1. For Molecular Pathology: can perform and train ona variety of genomics testing including but not limited to nucleic acidisolation, PCR (end point, real-time, droplet digital), chromosome microarray,molecular infectious disease testing, Sanger sequencing, Next GenerationSequencing, RFLP, and familiarity with molecular automated platforms
2. For Cytogenetics: can perform and train on avariety of genomics testing including, but not limited to cell culture, cellharvest, karyotype analysis, Fluorescencein situ Hybridization(FISH),epifluorescence microscopy analysis, and chromosome microarray (CMA).
3. Participates in validation of clinical testingand development of new clinical assays to be run in the Clinical Genomics andAdvanced Technology Lab.
4. Maintains quality control/quality assurance asdesignated by the genomics Lead.
5. Analyzes, reports, andtroubleshoots data generated from cinical genomics technologies and assays suchas but not limited to NGS, PCR, FISH, karyotyping, RFLP analysis.
6. Has proficiency with both theLIS and EMR.
7. Communicates well in oral andwritten fashion.
8. Writes and reviews all applicablelaboratory SOPs.
9. Responsible for analysis of clinicaltesting proficiency samples to be reported to regulatory agencies (i.e., CAPSurveys).
Performs other duties asrequired or assigned.
ü Bachelors in genomic related science, witha strong academic record. With a minimum of 2 years’ experience in clinicalgenomics or a related field required.
ü Minimum of 2 years experience with multiple clinical genomicsplatforms (as outlined above).
ü Moderate proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL, MicrosoftPowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
ü Minimum of 2 years experience with various QC principles andanalysis in a clinial laboratory (ex. CLSI Standards.)
ü Minimum of 2 years experience with routine andpreventative maintenance, operation, and trouble shooting for technical andsoftware related issues.
ü Detail-oriented, well-organized.
ü Advanced written andverbal communication.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
ü ASCP (MB)required for Molecular Pathology.
ü ASCP (CG)required for Cytogenetics.