The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician for a contract role with our client in Union City, California. This a great chance to join the team of one of the nation’s largest long-term care pharmacies!
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
Under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, and pursuant to specific Board of Pharmacy defined technician tasks, which may include, accurately filling prescriptions, preparing I.V. medications, and entering computer data, following standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Working under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist fills prescriptions according to company standards of quality, customer service, productivity guidelines and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist in prepackaging medication for dispensing according to company standards and government regulations.
- Re-stock and maintain pharmacy emergency kits.
- Assists the Pharmacist in “final-checking” of filled prescriptions, which may include staging the medication for RPh final review and/or packaging of medication post RPh final review and coordinating accurate and timely delivery to the customer.
- Assists Pharmacy Management in maintaining good inventory practices which may include receiving and rotating incoming medications and supplies, posting lot numbers, expiration dates and assisting in physical inventory.
- Works with Technician Supervisor in maintaining a clean/safe work environment, checking equipment for calibration, safety and cleanliness.
- Maintains Current state Pharmacy Technician license in State requiring licensing and certification.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related experience in long term care, retail, hospital or mail delivery
- Registration in State of California
- Detail oriented, results oriented
- Teamwork and oral communication skills
- Formal training as a Pharmacy Technician (education program w/ medical focus)
- 2-5 years of related experience in long term care, retail, hospital or mail delivery
- Computer literacy (basic skills)
- PTCB certification