Study Technician II- Vivarium Husbandry- Longwood Avenue, Boston MA 02115
Required skills: external working experience in a laboratory with animal handling, dosing, gavage, ocular bleeds, IVs related to research study and good communication with Investigator/ researcher.
Observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the client’s animal facility. Perform animal care and husbandry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of and regularly utilize available information resources and systems (e.g., SOPs, policies, computer applications).
- Assemble, set up, and operate any necessary experimental equipment.
- Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans and with regulatory and laboratory requirements.
- Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results and variation from expected data patterns.
- Record and prepare data for inclusion in project reports.
- With guidance from scientific management, maintain a technical knowledge and understanding in his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Able to perform the following techniques:
- Oral gavage in rodents
- IV, SQ, IP, IM injection techniques in rodents
- Blood collection:
- Tail vein in rodents
- Orbital sinus in rodents
- Cardiac in rodents
- Necropsy and tissue collection
- Rodent euthanasia via exsanguination preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; cervical dislocation preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; or, administration of CO2.
- Interact with other personnel within the department, key support groups and the division, to develop a network of resources to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: B.S./B.A. degree in Biological Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience: Must have at least 2 years of previous laboratory animal research experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Preferred but not required.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.