Lab Assistant Needed IMMEDIATELY for a HUGE Client in the Scientific Testing Industry
- Adhere to all pertinent health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist in the daily assaying of samples. Perform testing from a daily work list.
- Set up batches of samples to weigh and weigh samples.
- Identify from samples assayed the need for rechecks.
- Prepare solutions used in the daily testing of designated samples.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis or as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Record test data and results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean laboratory; clean work area and glassware used in analyses, dispose of hazardous wastes according to established procedures; assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Recommend more accurate or efficient laboratory equipment or procedures.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsive, independent problem solver and action oriented
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Able to work with a team and individually.
- Must be reliable and ready to work when scheduled
Please forward all updated resumes to Anthony Miller at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178