Greenhouse and Lab Assistant
The Greenhouse and Lab Assistant role requires extensive greenhouse and growth chamber work in addition to seeds laboratory support.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Will work in a greenhouse and seed laboratory setting to carry out tasks associated with cross pollination of numerous crops, seeding from preparation of soil, leave sample, spray rates and maintenance of plant from beginning to harvesting
• Keep accurate records
• Will collaborate with staff while continuously contributing to a highly productive and cohesive team environment
• Will reflect strong business ethics and reliability by consistently paying close attention to details and carrying out tasks with a high level of accuracy and transparent feedback
• Business maturity and communication is critical. Must have the ability to communicate well at all levels and work either in a team and/or independent setting to accomplish work. Must have the ability to stand up and ask relevant questions to ensure clear communication. Must not be afraid to ask questions in this environment.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours from 25 hours to 40 hours per week based on workload and business need. This may also include some weekends if there is a business need.
• BS in Science
• Valid driver's license required
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.