The Laboratory Technician we are looking for has…
- The ability to work collaboratively, as a member of a team, to achieve a common goal
- A desire to protect themselves, their friends and family, and the entire world from illness caused by foodborne pathogens
- The flexibility and productivity to work in a fast paced, often varied environment
- A strong sense of pride in achieving accurate, timely, and consistent results in their work
- Work as a member of a team to prepare food samples for testing
- Carry out a number of procedures including analysis of food sample for protein, moisture, fat and other components, extraction of components and reading test labels
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Set up and sterilize equipment needed for analysis of food samples
- Work closely with other team members and with the support of a department supervisor
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Have you ever wondered?
- What makes orange soda, orange?
- How long can my fast food burger really sit out before it spoils?
Or maybe something more serious:
- How can I keep myself safe from foodborne illness?
- How can I trust the Nutrition Labels and expiration dates on the food that I eat?
If you’ve asked yourself any of these questions, Mérieux NutriSciences wants YOU!!!
Mérieux NutriSciences is dedicated to improving food safety and quality though nutritional research, scientific excellence and innovation at every step of the food supply chain. Our team of scientists and technicians is committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty, personal integrity and confidentiality.
Mériuex NutriSciences is dedicated to creating a culture of safety, customer excellence, feedback and innovation. We demonstrate our commitment to the health of our employees by offering all full-time employees a full complement of medical, dental and vision coverage as well as competitive 401k match.