GDIT in seeking a Part-Time Laboratory Assistant I in support of the Naval Medical Research Center Infectious Disease Directorate (NMRC IDD). The mission of the NMRC IDD is to research and develop countermeasures to protect Navy and Marine Corps personnel against infectious agents of military importance. This position would provide support to the NMRC Enteric Diseases Department by carrying out semi-technical work involving a variety of laboratory support duties of minimal complexity to assist in the maintenance and operation of a research or analytical laboratory.
- Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for cleaning laboratory glassware and maintenance of laboratory supplies
- Prepares reagents, solutions, and culture media
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies
- Non-Essential Joab Duties:
- Assists in conducting semi-routine experiments and analyses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Some college credit preferred.
- 0-2 yrs of laboratory experience
- Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and supplies
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.