Aerotek is now hiring for an Entry Level Chemistry Technician
- This position is for a Chemistry Technician that will support analytical laboratory operations.
- The successful candidate will report to the Process Chemistry Team Leader.
- The Department is composed of chemical engineers and scientists that work in laboratories to perform preliminary evaluations of new technologies and at industrial sites (e.g., power plants) to demonstrate technologies at pilot- and full-scale.
- A Chemistry Technician in the PDC Department will conduct a variety of laboratory procedures in support of laboratory and field programs to assess the viability of various pollution control technologies under the direct supervision of a technical project lead.
The candidate's major responsibilities will include:
- Sample control: receiving, storing, disposing of samples
- Preparing reagents
- Preparing samples for analysis
- Ordering supplies
- Providing other general laboratory support.
The job will include hands-on work conducted in a hazardous laboratory environment. The candidate will work with a team of chemists and engineers at a variety of experience levels.
- Must have earned or be working towards a bachelor's degree in chemistry.
- Some industrial or academic laboratory experience is required. Examples of acceptable experience include 1) having worked for at least 100 hours in an industrial laboratory or 2) having successfully completed at least two semesters of college-level laboratory courses.
- Must have basic laboratory skills such as knowledge of and prior use of personal protective equipment, prior work with hazardous chemicals, accurate measurement and transfer of liquids and solids, rigorous documentation practices, etc.
- Must have some familiarity with Microsoft Office software applications such as Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be detail-oriented and observant. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be adaptable to changes.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.