- Familiar with conventional laboratory electrical instrumentations
- Knowledge of three phase power and power triangle. Ability to communicate, oral and written, in a scientific and engineering environment
- Ability to design and connect test circuits to measure and capture current, voltage, and power (single & three phase)
- Read and interpret electrical drawing and schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PLC programming, and file indexing
- We are looking for students in Senior year pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- Should be available to work full time from May 2019
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, services and solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an Associate Lab Engineer at our Florham Park NJ Headquarters.
The Associate Lab Engineer, under supervision, will document, analyze, perform and interpret development tests for new and/or modified products or product components using established procedures. Gather data and generate interim reports for product tests. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provide technical support other engineering groups.
- Setup tests using test equipment’s (i.e. oscilloscopes, data loggers, PLC, multi-meters, chart recorders) and cable
- Perform tests capturing and archiving data electronically and gathering data
- Gather test data and present test results to requesting engineers
- Interpret agency standards (i.e. CSA, IEC, UL, Military) to select appropriate test parameters and circuit for product tests
- Provide technical support to engineering
- Implements, and ensures proper lab safety procedures
- Prepare test samples for outside test facilities
- Maintain the laboratory facility as well as Ridgedale power lab
- Travel to Ridgedale power lab, customer and vendor lab facilities
- Other engineering duties as assigned