At MemorialCare, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Health Care. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center is a major regional provider of medical and surgical services. A Magnet®-designated teaching hospital, MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center has 420 beds. We consistently achieve national accolades for our quality care, including ranking as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report magazine. Our unique environment allows for a range of medical services, from childhood to adulthood, to be structured under one roof. With our technology, our vision, and especially our talented professionals, we ensure our patients receive the best possible care.
The Chemistry/Immunology Supervisor is responsible for the organization, development and direction of section operations in accordance with department and LBMMC goals for the Chemistry Immunology Pathology department at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center/Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach. Ensures that fiscal and human resources are managed to provide excellent service to the section's users and ensure that the section fulfills its role in accomplishing departmental and LBMMC objectives by integrating these objectives into the daily operations of the section.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Chemical, Physical, Biological or Clinical Laboratory/Medical Technology Science discipline.
- 3 years of experience with high complexity testing.
- ASCP Certification is preferred.
- Current California State licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist is required.
- 3 years of experience in the particular subspecialty or operational environment.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory activities as they impact laboratory services.
- Knowledge, where indicated, of billing procedure, coding, and regulatory requirements.
- Positive guest relations skills are critical to the position.
- Ability to interact with laboratory personnel who have high degrees of technical expertise in specialized areas.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills in handling professional and/or non-professional workforce.
Job: United States-California-Long Beach
Job Posting: Manager