- Execute cell culture process development and optimization experiments using various vessels such as shake flasks, Wave and bench scale bioreactors, stainless steel and single use pilot scale bioreactors for the production of monoclonal antibodies and other recombinant proteins.
- Monitor and evaluate mammalian cell culture performance in experiments utilizing various instruments such as cell counters, blood gas and chemistry analyzers, and others.
- Prepare stock solutions and media for mammalian cell culture as needed.
- Perform other lab support activities such as basic equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and lab organization.
- Communicate own work effectively.
- Occasional weekend work determined by project and experiment demand.
- BS with experience in biochemical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology, life sciences, or related fields.
- Fundamental understanding of biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or chemical engineering.
- Hands on experience with aseptic techniques is a must.
- Mammalian cell culture lab experience strongly desired.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task; be highly self-motivated, flexible, be able to collaborate and work effectively in teams.
- Experience in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must
- Experience in experiment design and data analysis using statistical tools and software is a plus.
- Experience working in GMP and on harvest process is also a plus.
**For immediate consideration, please email your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with 'Scientist Cell Culture CA' in the subject line.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.