Maintenance Technician 3
|Post Date:||Apr 16, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||4/16/2018||Salary:|| |
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Licensed Electrician Preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct continuous communication with supervision related to daily assignments(status and accountability)
- Capable to work rotating shifts or be assigned to off shift
- Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems
- Complete assigned work orders or PM’s
- Participation in the stand by call-in program
- Successful completion of required training curriculum and compliance
- Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty. Must be able to work independently of supervision on a variety of shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license for work related travel( operation of vehicle’s outside company property)
- Performs work related travel as necessary( off site training)
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by supervision(housekeeping)
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Contributes to department goals and objectives
- Conduct oneself in a professional matter at all times
- Identifies unsafe work conditions and reports them to direct supervision
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and regulations and adhere to all policies and procedures
Who You Are
- Basic math, English grammar, reading comprehension
- Excellent organizational skills and 5S skills and adhere to good documentation practices
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in applicable field. Trade School degree preferred. Licensed Preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of related electrical maintenance experience.
Must have at least 4 of the following behavioral skills/abilities:
- Efficient in using the Management of Change Process for changes.
- Uses good documentation practices.
- Able to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate process improvement ideas and lead PDSA's.
- Excellent organizational and 5-S skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent self-motivation and productivity skills.
- Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines.
Must have at least 7 of the following general technical skills/abilities:
- Ability to read, understands, and follows work instructions and procedures.
- Ability to write clear, thorough work instructions.
- Ability to use basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email).
- Ability to use CMMS software.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate a man lift.
- Ability to solve Algebra and Geometry problems.
- Ability to read, redlines, and understands all types of drawings/schematics.
- Able to operate hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.).
- Ability to read gauges and understand units of measure.
- Ability to identify parts needed for a repair.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems (analyzes alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
Must have all Electrical Skills listed or have at least 20 of the following specific technical skills/abilities from the three listed groups:
Electrical / Instrumentation Related
- Possession of an applicable license(s).
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct VFD problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, design, install, maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 480V.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install, repair lighting systems.
- Ability to understand Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity.
- Ability to understand electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.).
- Ability to use electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to thread and bend conduit and properly size conduit and wire per the NEC
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical motors, repairs, installation.
- Ability to use calibration equipment to calibrate or test all types of instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct PLC or controller problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
- Possession of an applicable license(s).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair heating equipment and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Ability to use refrigeration test gauges and recovery equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and repair dehumidification equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install, maintain heating systems.
- Able to solder and braze.
- Understanding of and ability to use building management systems.
- Possession of an applicable license(s) (i.e. Boiler Operator’s).
- Able to fabricate or repair parts using machining tools (lathe, mill, shear, break, press).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair production mechanical equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair fluid and vacuum pumps.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair power transmission equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair brake and clutch systems.
- Able to arc, TIG, MIG weld.
- Able to use a cutting and plasma torch.
- Able to diagnose steam trap problems.
- Able to perform boiler water and cooling tower chemistry tests.
- Able to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on boilers.
- Operation, repair, troubleshooting of high purity water equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic power systems.
- Able to troubleshoot, and replace mechanical seals; bearings.
- Ability to use hoists and rigging equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, and repair packaging equipment.
- Ability to install new or repair/modify existing piping systems of all types.
- Knowledgeable in the testing, operation, and repair of fire protection systems.
- Able to perform equipment and piping visual and thickness testing.
- Able to inspect and repair glass lined process equipment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.