The Shipping/Maintenance Technician maintains an organized supply/inventory control system for the use and distribution of supplies and equipment for all departments. Ships and receives a variety of parts and materials from vendors and clients. Performs daily maintenance activities and routine preventative maintenance on facility equipment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains the inventory control system for all departments.
2. Receives and distributes incoming supplies to appropriate department.
3. Prepares and ships sampling kits to clients or on-site crews to obtain samples for analysis.
4. Maintains bottle and cooler inventory.
5. Packs in-house samples for shipment to other laboratories.
6. Deliver and/or pick-up client samples or bottle orders upon request of project managers.
7. Performs daily maintenance activities.
8. Performs routine preventative maintenance throughout facility.
9. Performs preventative maintenance on company vehicles.
1. Answers inquires from Project Managers and clients concerning bottle requirements and tracking bottle orders.
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous shipping/receiving experience preferred but not required
Valid state issued driver's license, Hazardous Shipping certificate
* Shipping/receiving procedures
* Inventory control
* Computer skills
* Communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Handle multiple priorities
* Work with minimal supervision
Material and Equipment Used
* Banding machine and heat sealer
* Manual forklift
* Airborne shipping software
* Personal protective equipment
* Lifting and Carrying:
Lifting up to 70 pounds, carrying up to 30 pounds when loading/unloading supplies and samples
* Pushing and Pulling:
Up to 300 pounds when loading/unloading supplies and samples
* Body Positions:
Standing (45% of time) when packing and cleaning coolers, walking (45% of time) when gathering materials and stacking coolers, sitting (10% of time) when placing orders and maintaining inventory control