HollyFrontier Cheyenne Renewable Diesel Company LLC is seeking a Chemist to be based in our Cheyenne, WY facility. This position conducts routine and non-routine chemistry assignments for the Quality Control Department under limited supervision.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Performs sample analysis per method and according to schedule
- Run standards and quality control samples as detailed by ASTM methods
- Ensures the quality of work through quality assurance testing and documentation
- Records, reports, and certifies results
- Investigate and perform root cause analyses on out-of-control QC samples
- Performs routine maintenance and calibrations on equipment in accordance with ASTM methods and manufacturer recommendations
- Creates QA documents and protocols
- Maintains the supplies, inventory and equipment (orders supplies as necessary)
- Communicate effectively with other department to maximize sample and testing efficiency
May also perform other duties, including:
- Supports other departments in sampling, testing, and compliance monitoring
- Monitors instrument performance via QC charting methods
- Solves problems and fixes equipment and machinery
- Evaluate product test results for certification and sign off on Certificates of Analysis
- Write procedures for methods
- Operates Chromatographs
- Ships samples designated as hazardous
- Checks emissions compliance (state certified)
- Develops new methods/procedures
- Cross train with other personnel on tests in other areas of the department
- Works with outside testing facilities to coordinate special requests and compliance testing
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
One to Three years of job related experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Chemistry or related field is required.
- Working knowledge of quality control testing and ability to apply this knowledge.
- May require the ability to train and lead the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations, intermediate reading and writing skills.
Office based with occasional plant visits, and with up to 10% travel by land and air required. Refinery/industrial environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment. Subject to all weather, varying road conditions.
Our One HFC Culture:
Our one HFC Culture focuses on four key values of safety, integrity, teamwork and ownership. They influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
Safety is first. We care about our people and work tirelessly to make sure they return home safely, every day. Everything we do is done with integrity. We encourage growth and exciting possibilities by championing a culture of teamwork and ownership.
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminal line, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.