GDIT is seeking a Senior Science Advisor in support of the Pain Management program area of the Clinical and Rehabilitative Medicine Research Program U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command.
This position shall advise the CRMRP Director in the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution of one or more program task area portfolios. The Scientist/Science Advisor will report near-term and long-term plans to the Joint Program Committee (JPC8) and Army leadership, and subsequently resolve any non-concurrences to the plan from leadership that may arise.
Specific tasks include:
- Execute guidance from the oversight agencies that direct the Army and (Defense Health Agency) DHA processes and vetted by the JPC-8 Chair;
- Perform scientific portfolio analyses and complete reports as requested from Army and DHA leadership, Congress, and other stakeholders;
- Monitor execution (funding commitment, obligation, and disbursement) and scientific progress of research efforts;
- Coordinate with the portfolio scientific steering committee, US Army Medical Materiel Development Activity, and other stakeholders to develop comprehensive, integrated strategic approaches to meeting Department of Defense needs in the domain of clinical and rehabilitative medicine;
- Provide periodic, formal updates to the JPC-8 Director, JPC-8 Committee, Army and DHA leadership on research progress and likelihood that previously-defined goals will be met
- Serve as liaison between principal investigators at the intramural and extramural laboratories;
- Inform prospective applicants from academia and industry about JPC-8 and portfolio programmatic needs, and the USAMRDC application process
- Ensure that mandated safety protocols and procedures are followed during research execution
- Serve on Congressional Special Interest Programmatic review panels as needed; advise the JPC-8 Chair and the intended recipients regarding their Congressional Special Interest research awards;
- Oversee receipt, initial screen, scientific and programmatic review of Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) proposals; provide initial screen determination and final funding recommendation of BAA proposals
- 10+ years of related experience
- Subject matter experience in military research in the field of Pain Management/Rehabilitative Medicine
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.