Sign-On/Retentionincentives: up to $8000*
fornight shift position
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is home to thelargest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory servicesto D-H physician practices, D-H hospital affiliates as well as to independentpractices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. The department is aleader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led to a renovatedspace designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation.
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
Independently performs a variety of diagnostic tests in theClinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment ofdisease. Performs venipunctures andcapillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients asneeded.
This is a full-time,benefitted, night-shift position working four 10-hour shifts from 9:30pm to 8:00am. The nightshift position receives a 20% shift differential. In addition, we are offering an $8000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position.
Responsibilities: Alisting of the key responsibilities:
- Demonstratesthe knowledge, skills and abilities to perform a variety of laboratory tests ina timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Abilityto appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems. Ensures that patient results are not reporteduntil systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
- Possessessolid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinicallaboratory.
- Performsand evaluates quality control and instrument functioning checks usingestablished quality control practices to assess the functioning of the testsystem(s). Identifies when a QC problemexists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Operatesand maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratoryprocedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintainingsupplies. Identifies when sample,instrument, and/or procedural problems exist and takes appropriate actions toremedy the issue.
- Isable to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or nextsteps.
- Orientsand trains new laboratory staff. Trainsbench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in benchprocedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools.
- Activelyparticipates in the D-HH member’s laboratory’s continuing education program.
- Assistin outpatient/in-patient phlebotomies, specimen processing, non-patientregistration, and requisition checks, as needed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skillsnecessary to determine phlebotomy technique appropriate for the age andcondition of the patient.
- Demonstratesknowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performsother duties as required or assigned.
*External hires only andcertain conditions apply
Keywords: medical technologist, laboratory scientist, medical lab tech, med tech
- ASdegree and minimum of 4 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors ofScience Degree and a minimum of 2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Minimumof 2 years of relevant technical experience required.
- Abilityto work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
- Nationallyrecognized certification within 1 year of date of hire.
- CurrentBLS certification required within 30 days of hire for the CLS employees locatedat Community Group Practice laboratory locations.