Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: As Senior Scientist, your role will work independently and in cooperation with Management to provide comprehensive, laboratory-based scientific information and expert chromatography advice to both internal and external customers in support of the research, development, marketing and sale of MilliporeSigma/Merck products. You will assist with Marketing and Commercial colleagues in solving high level customer inquiries and by providing supportive laboratory data. You will also conceive, design and complete laboratory assignments as requested by internal departments and as directed by manager in a timely fashion.
- Effectively communicate by telephone, in writing or in person with customers in need of high-level technical assistance as requested by internal departments and as directed by manager
- Define, develop and implement scientifically-relevant research and applications development projects
- Recommend potential projects based on scientific knowledge, curiosities and input from various sources (journals, scientific symposia, network, etc)
- Design experimental protocols, executes laboratory experimentation, interprets and reports results on approved projects
- Calibrate and maintain chromatographic equipment and related laboratory systems
- In collaboration with Instrument Service Group maintain, calibrate, repair and order parts for chromatographic and other laboratory equipment
- Maintains expertise regarding modern laboratory equipment and technologies
- Conceive and implement processes and procedures that ensure efficient and scientifically sound laboratory operations
- Maintains a clean, neat and well organized work area
- Conceive, develop and convey internal, trade show, scientific symposia and customer presentations
- Assist in training internal customers in chromatographic sciences
- Conceives, plans, executes, interprets and reports on experimentation leading to a variety of presentation types (posters, oral presentations, training seminars, etc)
- Represent Supelco/MilliporeSigma at customer sites, trade shows, symposia and other scientific forums as a presenter of scientific data and/or as support to marketing and sales personnel
- Conceive, develop and write both internal and external publications as requested
- Design and write scientifically relevant articles to be published in internal (Reporter, Analytix) and external (peer-reviewed journals, trade magazines) publications
Who you are: Must possess have a BS in chemistry or related field; advanced degree preferred (PhD) and have B.S. with 5+ years of relevant experience or PhD with 1+ years of relevant experience.
Additional skills needed:
- Thorough knowledge of bench techniques for analytical or development support on new products and technology.
- Ability to perform; general laboratory work and keep an accurate lab notebook.
- Ability to write simple reports and papers.
- Ability to work with other lab members.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Ability to design simple to moderately complex experiments.
- Ability to learn new skills as needed.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.