Kelly Services is now hiring a Laboratory Technician for a temp to hire contract position located in the Charlotte area. Experience with liquid ink is a plus! Apply Today!
Individual will work on developing new products, recommending existing products for new applications and also work on cost savings initiatives. They will work on projects assigned to them by the lab manager or team lead. Good people skills are necessary, since this position has contact with the sales representatives, and sometimes directly with the customer. Good communication is essential to accurately identify the issues at hand and convey results to the customer, directly or indirectly.
- Ink processing, testing and printing.
- End use applications testing
- Documents assigned projects and hours in WinLims/GPM
- Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Communicates the results of project assignments and field trials in the form of oral and written presentations.
- Identifies and communicates QC plan on new product designs
- Follows standard operating procedures/work instructions/test methods to ensure ink meets customer expectations
- Performs all laboratory related functions on SAP system.
- Documents experimental work in a lab notebook using established best practices
- Ensure all ISO requirement are met and produces the necessary documentation to maintain compliance
- Keeps abreast of existing and new technical developments in Graphic Arts and related industries needed to perform duties
- Follows Chemical Hygiene plan and looks for safety improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma with 1-3 years of laboratory instrumentation experience.
- Associates Degree with 1-3 years of experience with laboratory instrumentation
- Practical knowledge of statistics and Six Sigma methodology is a plus
- Methodical experimenter
- Motivated to learn new concepts, techniques and practices
- Rigorously follows EH&S protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Good writing, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Strong Time Management Skills.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.