Completing assigned projects related to the development of food and beverage products that support the successful execution of company initiatives. Models and acts in accordance with guiding principles. This job contributes to success by completing assigned projects related to the development of food and beverage products that support the successful execution of company initiatives. 3 years experience
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Participate in process scale-up; lab, pilot & commercial scale trial planning and documentation, through strong partnering with Supply Chain, R&D and Quality functions.
* Deliver process specifications that ensure product safety, quality and process performance.
* Build strong relationships with internal and external manufacturing, and identify process-related key performance metrics to enable identify cost-savings and performance improvement opportunities.
* Engage project teams to identify process hurdles early in the project phase, and develop solutions and risk mitigation plans where necessary.
* R&D Process Guidance to product development teams (tea, soluble coffee, RTD, food, etc).
* Provide process technology assessment of co-manufacturing sites as required.
* Support scale-up and commercialization efforts, working with the relevant co-manufacturer to lead any process-related troubleshooting efforts.
* Partner with product development and quality functions to design processes for pilot plant tests and lead design of experiments related to process scale-up.
* Identify and recommend capital equipment investment to step up pilot plant capability. Play a key role in creating vision for pilot plant capabilities and utilization.
* Actively identify potential process technologies that can create step change in product diversification and/or blue sky innovation.
* Demonstrate concepts through proof-of-principle prototypes at relevant technology enabler programs, utilizing external vendors as appropriate.
Summary of Experience
- Benchtop to full-scale commercialization 5 years
- Process development 5 years
- Project management 5 years
- Specifications development 5 years
- BS Chemical Engineering or Food Science
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of food and beverage technology, ingredient functionalities, chemistry, or engineering including processing and manufacturing
- Knowledge of development and scale up of food and beverage products
- Knowledge of food quality assurance principles and established food safety requirements including process and formulary concepts
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Annual Company Financial Influence - $51-150 M
**Hiring manager is open to candidates with a degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Science and not as much experience.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.