A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who We Are:
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
This position is responsible for performing laboratory operations and tasks that support quality in the areas of the following: product testing, data processing and analysis for product release, method development and technical studies, CAPA investigations, new product introduction, stability testing and annual product performance review.
Product testing and data analysis for product release (involves calculations, measurements, immunological techniques)
Independently solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information is available.
New Product Introduction-run assays, data review, cross functional communication, Biological Sample tracking and establishing reference samples for product testing
Identify and troubleshoot potential problems and proactively suggest technical solutions based on analytical expertise, knowledge of the product and knowledge of the customer
Out of Specification and/or CAPA Investigation and Root cause analysis- Design experiments to perform in - depth investigation if product failure is suspected
Annual Product Review and evaluation- aid in yearly technical review of products, evaluation of baseline data and correlations between trend analysis and customer feedback
Represent Quality in cross-functional applications
Independently analyze, summarize and interpret data in order to present and make decisions
Identify and implement process improvements
Who You Are:
- Associates degree in science
- Bachelors of Science degree in Biochemistry or Biology strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience within a life science manufacturing environment (with BS)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an analytical laboratory or related area will be considered (with AD)
- Scientific knowledge of immunological based bio molecular assays.
- Practical knowledge in protein chemistry and formulations.
- Ability to independently perform statistical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Systems and understanding of ISO 9001 Regulations
- Prior experience in a Quality role preferred
- Candidates must have strong working knowledge of Excel with strong ability to type and navigate a standard computer
- Ability to multitask is a must, work on multiple product lines within the same day independently
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong understanding of laboratory procedures
- Ability to review and write new procedures that conform to GMP guidelines
- A strong technical understanding of the business, our unique product lines and the voice of the customer
- Knowledge of ELISA, RIA, and Multiplex technology preferred
- Accurate and precise pipetting
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Problem Solving Ability
- Works well with others
- Attention to detail
- Understanding Ops/functional goals
- Consistency and Reliability
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally (infrequently) lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may be exposed to cold temperatures.
- The employee may be exposed to a risk of low level radiation.
- The employee must successfully complete the company’s safety program prior to working in the laboratory which includes:
- Radiation Protection Training Program.
- Chemical Safety Training Program
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training Program
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.