* Accurately and in a timely manner fills unit dose cart, floor stock, medication orders, and delivers to patient care areas to ensure availability of ordered drugs and supplies. Is knowledgeable in the use and stocking of automated medication cabinets.
* Accurately prepares I.V. admixtures, using sterile technique.
* Accurately and in a timely manner, prepares prescriptions for pharmacist review and dispensing.
* Accurately compounds specialty items.
* Pre-packages and labels bulk medications for unit dose / unit of use dispensing with computer and associated equipment.
* Checks floor stock and / or pharmacy stock for out dates, overstock, and proper storage on a monthly basis to ensure the use of high quality medications.
* Maintains cost effective inventory of bulk items, utilizing soon to expire items quickly, and decreasing overstock of inventory.
* Demonstrates technical skill level in utilizing a variety of pharmaceutical competencies including, but not limited to, calculations, aseptic technique and cytotoxic drug properties.
* Maintains patient and other records using pharmacy computers and manual systems to ensure timely and accurate patient billings and compliance with regulatory agencies.
* Facilitates maintenance of adequate supplies by logging needs in Want book.
* Processes daily IV slips, assisting the administrative secretary with workload statistics
* Alerts pharmacy director, coordinator, clinical coordinator, or pharmacist of immediate problems requiring corrective action in a timely manner.
* Screens nursing and physician inquiries and phone calls by directing to appropriate pharmacist to ensure accurate and timely communication.
in-patient hospital pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Certification required
6+ months experience in specialty or hospital pharmacy
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.