The Materials Science / Engineer will be an integral part of a project team who will develop 3D Printing technologies in West Chester, PA. On a daily basis they will work with as part of the 3D Printing CoE team and will interact with the Engineering, Quality, Operations and the Design teams to develop this technology. They will lead many process development activities and work under the guidance of the senior project team members. They will research, develop and implement technologies to develop a robust supply chain.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Materials Science / Engineer will be required to:
- Develop the 3D printing process for implant and instrument metal materials
- Lead 3D Printing Engineering activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Develop and prepare software systems analysis for 3D printing
- Deliver results by preparation and project management of activities
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Be competent in validation requirements on new equipment
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Bringing 3D Printing Technologies and Products to production readiness
- Lead technology selection and process design for product manufacture.
- Manage partner development, Technology Readiness Assessments, PFMEA/risk assessment studies and process development/validation activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in a medical device or equivalent regulated environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Previous experience in 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area
- Value Engineering practitioner
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).