Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: As Digital Marketing Specialist (Scientist), you will collaborate with internal marketing teams and stakeholders to develop, execute, maintain and analyze the effectiveness of digital marketing content and initiatives. You will categorize chemical, biological and labware products by product type and application. Evaluate and prioritize improvement of product data in order to enhance our customers’ online search experience.
- As a Scientist, you will develop and evaluate effectiveness of product data and supporting content along with other digital marketing initiatives in collaboration with product management and marketing management as well as other business unit stakeholders.
- You will develop and maintain internal process documentation and ensure adherence to guidelines and best practices. This individual will also support efforts as assigned to meet departmental and/or company objectives.
- Manage and execute multiple projects concurrently to successful completion, meet deadlines, and communicate in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain procedures, best practices and guidelines, as well as metrics and reports. Utilize web analytics to guide digital marketing initiatives and analyze content effectiveness.
- Stay current on industry know-how, trends, legal aspects, and competitive intelligence. Acquire & analyze external and internal market research. Use the acquired knowledge and experience to continually develop and improve our procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
Who you are: Must possess have a BS or higher in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific area. and have 2+ years industrial or academic laboratory experience preferred. Experience or knowledge of cheminformatics, bioinformatics, product data, web content management, search engine optimization (SEO), a plus.
Additional skills needed:
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, web content development, scientific product data structure, and SEO. Ability to write, proofread and edit scientific content.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- Ability to gather and analyze business requirements in order to meet strategic goals and development efforts.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent written, oral, communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task. Must be able to handle challenging situations and people. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and able to learn new technologies.
- Proficient in standard computer applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of HTML, databases, SQL or Access a plus.
- Must be available to travel internationally up to 10%. Must have a valid passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.