* Develop and review proposed formulas and ingredients providing substation for structure-function claims, nutritional and technical information as required.
* Review formulas and ingredients for regulatory compliance of registration documents and labeling as they relate to nutritional and supplement facts panel information.
* Prepare review, monitor, evaluate, and summarize stability programs for products.
* Conceive and develop formulas suitable for commercialization. Design and conduct appropriate experiments for the proper use of laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
* Trains others in developing new products.
* Provides technical and scientific input, support and assistance to other technical disciplines.
* Maintains accurate records of all development projects. Prepares technical documents relevant to area of responsibility such as SOP's, electronic master batch records, raw material and product specifications, technical reports, label copies, product justifications and technology transfer documentations.
* Ensures efficient operations in assigned project areas in accordance with Natural Alternative International Requirements, SOP's and GMP's.
* Take leading role for projects as assigned.
* Support other projects within formulation team.
* Responsible for the sourcing and qualification of new raw materials
* Assist Purchasing and Quality with the sourcing replacement raw materials
* Evaluate the suppliers on existing raw material specifications for determining their suitability for inclusion for replacement and/or new ingredients
* Coordinate specification development in conjunction with Quality and Analytical Laboratory.
* On-going internal and external technical support to ensure production needs are met and customer requests satisfied
* Manage and prioritize qualification of new existing and replacement raw materials
* In charge of ongoing specification updates and compliance due to regulatory or internal policy changes
* Manage and troubleshoot raw material related projects by understanding the potential ramifications caused by raw material and specification changes so that appropriate actions are taken
* Build strategic relationship and maintain effective communications with vendors
* Support Quality in the vendor qualification process
* Evaluate market and suppliers information regarding the potential impacts of material changes in a global economy. Provide these feedbacks to Purchasing so that the company has a consistent supply of our raw materials as well as avoiding market price fluctuations.
* Price and review new quotes
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.