Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
This is a 2nd shift position
We are looking for a dynamic WiSE Laboratory Engineer to serve as Project Lead for projects as assigned and to be responsible for evaluating, explaining, and completing the test report for intricate customer samples. Also:
- Follows complex defined test plans and datasheets. Evaluates test performance and sample operation to properly evaluate test results. Records and explains test results and completes test report.
- Communicates project status and results as needed. Holds responsibility for defining test plan, report completion and accuracy, meeting of agreed deadlines, and managing project related activities.
- Examines complex customer samples with help and learns to operate appropriate tests for each case. Communicates with customers during setup and operation to ensure proper evaluation.
- Understands specific test standards and product technology for scope of responsibility.
- Directs, builds and/or adapts simple test setups and equipment to new situations, based on test plans and instructions from engineering.
- Operates and maintains complex test equipment appropriately to measure and test customer samples. Performs complex maintenance on designated test equipment and laboratory area. May perform calibration of test equipment
- Integrates basic continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job. Communicates with management and technical staff to provide suggestions for new equipment, processes, and forms to improve accuracy and efficiencies.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Our Ideal Candidate will have a University Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Technology, or Physics from an ABET accredited program or equivalent education and work experience.
- Wireless experience is desired.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.