Microbiologist - Phoenix, AZ
Kelly Scientific Resources, a division of Kelly Services, has an exciting opportunity for an Microbiologist to work with one of our top clients in Phoenix, AZ, in the water industry in a contract position,
The Microbiologist would be responsible for testing and QC of in process and finished water products
- Ensure plant compliance with all Hygiene, HACCP, Sanitation and GMP requirements.
- Microbiology- understanding the program and being responsible for all micro activities to sustain the program (sampling, plating, reading, Lab ICP)
- Troubleshooting microbiological issues resulting from results of processes and CIP activities
- Supporting and troubleshooting QA issues on the production line
- Sensory – setting up finished product and odor panels in accordance with sensory program
- Performing calibrations on measuring and monitoring equipment; ozone sensors, pH meters, conductivity meters, TDS and turbidity meters
- Monitoring the quality of the product on the 1st shift, by line releases, duplicate checks and incidence reports
- Water treatment testing on incoming water from city and springs, including reverse osmosis system operations
- Customer Complaint testing and troubleshooting
- Testing and verifying equipment used for water treatment on city lines and process lines
- Monitor and advise when CIP activities and external cleaning is needed
- Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or related science or demonstrated equivalent experience in microbiology lab preferred.
- Flexibility for Weekend Work when Needed for Reading Plates and Quality Support for Saturday or Sunday Production
- Physical Capability of lifting more than 50 lbs.
- 1-3 years experience in microbiology plating methods highly preferred
- Knowledge of RO, CIP, and Cleaning Systems
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information, and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Apply Today! Questions? Call Kevin at 480.345.4798
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.