The main purpose of this position is to oversee and test raw materials that are requested by external customers. This person will have to drive project execution independently, while assuring the accuracy and timeliness of the completed work.
We recognize that our success as an organization depends on our employees; therefore we strive to build a team of excellence in order to reach our greatest potential. If you are an enthusiastic, ambitious and determined individual, we want YOU to join our growing company! We offer a great benefit package along with competitive wages and unlimited growth opportunity. We welcome you to be a part of our winning team, to excel in an enriching career and make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
Please see below for the main functions of the Senior Chemist.
Administrative and Project Coordination
- Define, maintain, and implement internal projects and/or other customer defined projects
- Assist in troubleshooting problematic production samples
- Report on status of projects to management, while maintaining a visible project list
- Balance, reprioritize and allocate tasks and/or negotiate resources when needed to optimize schedules and outcomes on multiple projects managed simultaneously
- Run lab experiments and record data in laboratory notebooks with accuracy and completeness
- Calculate results as required in compendial methods and procedures
Assure Quality Processes
- Adhere and comply with SOPs and protocols
- Perform quality control and ensure compliance to customer specifications
- Validate dissolution and extraction methods using appropriate standards such as USP Chapter
- Author technical reports
Development of Testing Methods
- Develop methods (stability indicating) used to test Potency, Purity, and/or Activity of a variety of APIs in various drug forms, utilizing an array of equipment and processes.
- Develop extraction methods for various APIs contained within various drug forms including but not limited to Creams, Troches, Suppositories, Gels Ointments, Capsules, Tablets etc.
- Develop methods for testing the dissolution claims of various drug forms such as capsules, tablets and pellets
- Method Development and Validation experience and expertise is required
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compendial guidelines concerning the establishment, validation, and documentation of test procedures
- Ability to perform complex calculations necessary for data analysis and solution preparation
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Highly efficient and able to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities
- Demonstrates credibility and trustworthiness while producing quality results
- Capable of completing projects independently while working in a team environment
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivating and dependable
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience working with R&D/Method Development in an analytical lab setting, preferably in a GMP environment
- Bachelors degree (or advanced degree) in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry from an accredited college or university is required
If you feel that you have the skills required for this Senior Chemist position, apply now by sending your resume to:
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Join our Talent Network:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.