Pathology Technician – Coon Rapids, MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking an Animal Pathology Technician for one of our top clients in Coon Rapids, MN. This is a 3-6-month temp-to-hire opportunity, Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm, with occasional weekend and holiday hours.
As a Pathology Technician placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will perform anatomic pathology and laboratory duties including performing necropsies, documenting findings, trimming tissue, assisting in the histology laboratory, and shipping of specimens. Adherence to GLP and non-GLP studies is mandatory.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Supports or independently performs necropsy procedures, including complete necropsies and perfusion procedures.
- Assists and performs routine gross examination as required by GLP standards, and performs accurate and timely record keeping.
- Assists in the coordination of study tasks from pre-initiation to study completion.
- Coordinates and performs the shipping of all pathology related specimens to the appropriate designated facility. Performs thorough recordkeeping of shipping and receipt logs.
- Performs tissue trimming according to established guidelines.
- Performs photography and high-resolution x-ray imaging and film developing.
- Maintains proficiency in all appropriate designated departmental SOPs with knowledge of lab processes.
- Assists in the review of protocols that include pathology services, and assists with modifying pathology-related SOP’s.
- Maintains a clean, GLP-compliant lab and ensures all logbooks are reviewed and correct. Maintains laboratory equipment according to applicable SOPs.
- Performs calibration or validation activities to specialized equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor degree or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related discipline.
- Completion of coursework in anatomy. Hands on necropsy experience strongly preferred!
- Experience in a GLP, preclinical pathology environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.