If research is your passion, and you have the desire to work for an organization that is dedicated to raising the bar through research that facilitates the advancement of orthopedics and educating the medical community, while improving the quality of life for patients - then the OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI) is looking for you to join our team as a Research Scientist.
The OrthoCarolina Research Institute (OCRI) is an independent, non-profit 501(c)3 uniquely positioned as both an academic research center and clinical research site servicing industry research. Research conducted at the OrthoCarolina Research Institute allows the physicians of OrthoCarolina,PA to offer the best available options, treatments, and cost savings identified through evidence-based research. Our research findings are repeatedly published worldwide for the betterment of orthopedics.
In the role of Research Scientist, you would work with OCRI staff and Physician Investigators to perform academic functions to further the company mission of advancing orthopedic research and education, while ensuring quality data and publishable results and adhering to State/Federal regulations.
You would be a good fit for this position if you possess the following qualifications:
- Solid research experience (idea, protocol development, data collection, analysis, conclusion/dissemination)
- Ability to search and understand medical literature
- Experience in taking a research objective and developing research protocol
- Capacity ability to handle environment with high volume of work and pressing deadlines
- Statistical knowledge/experience (preferably in SAS).
Other requirements for this role:
- A minimum of a Master's degree (MA, MS, MBA) required; PhD or advanced clinical degree strongly preferred.
- Graduate level training in statistics, public health, economics, or related health services field required.
- Experience with generating computer material and background in several levels of medical services delivery systems required.
- Should have a combination of appropriate education and experience in medical writing and statistics to equal 4 years.
- Experience with large research projects and grant writing preferred
- Experience in working with large databases preferred.
A career at OrthoCarolina Research Institute will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and job satisfaction. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive salary package
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and Long term disability, Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Profit sharing plan
Join Us! Agile, innovative, collaborative, and evidence-based. Now that's Research that Moves.