Kelly Scientific is searching for Research Associates to assist in the development of novel immunoassays at a company in Eugene, OR. This individual will be providing support to the immunoassay development team through the use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as sandwich ELISA, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, as well as the generation of biological materials for analysis. These are temp-to-hire positions working M-F 8am-5pm.
- Perform documented methods required for immunoassay development
- Assist in further validation of antibodies, proteins and lysates for immunoassay development
- Maintain excellent laboratory records
- Communicate experimental detail information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
- Perform tissue culture
- Generate cell, tissue, subcellular fractions and purified protein materials required for assay development
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, immunology, or closely-related degree
- 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience with immunoassays, protein chemistry, protein separation and chromatography
- 1+ year working in industry
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions precisely
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office and heavy lab equipment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Exposure to toxic/hazardous/dangerous chemicals and biohazards
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.