Job Title: Scientist, Technical Trainer
Location: Menlo Park, CA, USA
Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking a Scientist/Technical Trainer for our Customer Support Group. The candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology and next generation sequencing technologies to provide technical training for both internal and field personnel, as well as, customers. The successful candidate will leverage their deep understanding of all PacBio products and applications to produce and understand training materials, evaluate how well employees have learned, as well as, constantly improve the quality and effectiveness of training materials used by our field teams. In addition, the candidate will coordinate the internal processing and analysis of Customer and Collaborator samples on behalf of our Customer Support Group. The position is Headquarter-based and the candidate will be part of the Global Customer Support Organization.
- M.S. or above in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics + 3 years technical work and/or technical training experience or B.S. + 5 years technical work and/or technical training experience.
- Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing or molecular biology techniques highly preferred.
- Prior experience with the design, deployment and evaluation of technical course content is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to motivate and train groups of employees.
- Strong organization skills, including the ability to curate and maintain training materials and related instructional collateral
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of their time to interface with customers and customer-facing teams.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.