Kelly Scientific Resources
Quality Assurance Manager (QA) - Mesa, AZ
|Post Date:||May 19, 2017||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||5/19/2017||Salary:||$100,000.00 |
Quality Assurance Manager (QA)- Mesa, AZ
Every day Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) connects scientific professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager, to work with a growing company in the manufacturing field.
This position is responsible for managing the Company’s quality assurance program and quality assurance laboratory. The QA Manager will establish and maintain a robust quality systems that will ensure meeting or exceeding customer needs.
- As a member of the management team you are responsible for communicating to your employees on a continual basis the importance of conducting themselves in a safe manner.
- Implements Quality Assurance Procedures - By implementing and enforcing all quality assurance procedures and answering Staff questions about policies and procedures;
- Managing the analysis of statistical data to determine present capabilities and determine capability to meet future analysis expectations;
- Formulating and maintaining quality assurance objectives and coordinating objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other Managers to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs;
- Researching and recommending alternative methods and procedures to solve problems and meet changing analytical requirements;
- Communicating with production Staff about procedures to assure the quality of new products;
- Investigating quality assurance claims and problems and confirming implementation of corrective actions;
- Managing corrective action paperwork for supplier, plant, and customer problems; by leading management teams for disposition of OOC products and raw materials;
- Making recommendations to changes in quality control procedures to Officers as necessary.
- Analyzes Information - by reviewing technical problems and recommending solutions to problems and changes in procedures;
- Ensuring the accuracy of all statistical data, by monitoring, reporting, and adjusting customer, supplier, and internal product SPC controls.
- Preparing reports for Officers about quality control information and recommendations as necessary.
- Ensures Smooth Operations - by making sure that the department functions productively;
- Establishing guidelines;
- Ensuring that Staff perform assigned tasks accurately, allowing the Company to maximize financial performance and limit risk.
- Raw material and finished product quality - by monitoring and working with raw material suppliers and subcontractors to maintain quality of incoming supplies and subcontracted work.
- Supervises staff -by providing direction and delegating responsibilities to subordinate Staff;
- Evaluating work performed by subordinate Staff;
- Training Staff when necessary; by providing subordinate Staff with regular feedback;
- Conducting Performance Appraisals;
- Contributing to employment decisions (i.e. promotions, salary adjustments, termination, etc.).
- Contributes to the team effort- by being flexible in work assignments;
- Covering for other Staff as needed;
- Accomplishing related tasks when requested.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge - by attaining job-related certification;
- Keeping up on industry trends;
- Applying that knowledge to the job.
- Acts on constructive feedback - by being open to feedback from peers, Supervisors, and clients;
- Using the feedback to improve performance.
- Improves processes - by examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
- Upholds work standards - by maintaining professional conduct and appearance; by realizing one’s own limitations and seeking assistance when needed; and by using established communication channels.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to pick-up, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy (i.e. working in a business office and laboratory with computers, printers, telephones, and laboratory equipment).
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and laboratory equipment.
- May be required to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, forms and instructions in English.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from Management, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups in English.
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations to Managers, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply knowledge and sense of understanding to carry-out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to analyze and use various documents (contracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Ability to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and be able to design custom reports as necessary.
- Must be tactful, mature, flexible and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university; and
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must have supervisory skills and management experience.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and chemical manufacuturing is a plus.
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. Questions? Please call Kevin 480.345.4798
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Scientific Resources
Name: Kevin Lau
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.