PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Conduct routine laboratory tests, in support of manufacturing operations. Analyzes and records test data to monitor and maintain conformity to specifications. Performs duties in alignment with Test Methods (TM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to
Set up lab equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control.
- Responsible to perform daily analytical tests according to applicable test methods/procedures.
- Responsible for the precision, accuracy and quality of work product.
- Document results of test and analyses.
- Maintain laboratory equipment through daily cleaning and consistent with PMs.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work environment
- Maintain general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Follow all Fresenius Policies.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.