Qualified applicants must be able to perform and lead applied research and development in one or more key areas of interest:
Full-spectrum cyber operations, including CND, CNA, and CNO.
Software reverse engineering & exploitation
Network protocol development, analysis, and reverse engineering
Wired and wireless networks, primarily at the MAC layer and above
Host and network-based forensics analysis
Machine learning methods as applied to cyber security problems
Program analysis (including vulnerability detection and/or remediation)
AI planning and reasoning as applied to cyber security problems
Security and privacy research for mobile devices (Android, iPhone)
Virtualization platform development
Red-team experience in cyber exercises
Formal methods for modeling and analyzing software execution
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD security clearance at the SECRET level or higher
- Demonstrated hands-on experience building systems in Python or C/C++; additional languages (Java, Rust, Go, etc) is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms
- Familiarity with the principles and technologies used in modern TCP/IP networks
- Ability to integrate, build, and test high-quality technical solutions
- Effective communication and writing skills
Are you a talented, motivated individual who enjoys working in creative, stimulating environments with other world-class researchers on cutting-edge technologies to advance the state of the art in a vast array of problems in cyber security?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team to conceive and conduct in-depth research on topics in computer network defense (CND), computer network attack (CNA), and computer network operations (CNO)?
You will gain insights into cutting-edge technologies that will enable you to be part of the explosive growth in cyber security that is currently taking place in the world. If you want to make a difference and have fun doing it, let’s talk sooner rather than later!
Do you have a strong foundation in the role of a Senior Research Scientist who has performed and led applied research in one or more key areas related to cyber security and systems research. As a qualified candidate, you will also have significant responsibilities for business development, leadership in his or her technical area, and customer interactions.