· Two or four year degree in chemistry, biology, or and environmental major preferred or two plus years of related experience
· Prior lab packing or environmental waste experience preferred
· Knowledge and understanding of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the Environmental Services industry
· Proven organizational skills
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong analytical skills, a high level of motivation, and the ability to work within a team
· Regular attendance required
· Forklift and equipment experience a plus
· Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
· Ability to climb stairs & ladders and work at various heights
· Ability to push and/or pull heavy material
· Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
· Required to stand, walk, stand, sit, stoop, bend, climb, crawl, kneel, reach, squat and twist
· Able work both indoors and outdoors in varying environmental conditions to include, chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, and heights
Responsible for sorting and qualification of inbound nonhazardous waste and non-bulk containers, ensuring compatibility and safety at all times.
· Characterize and qualify inbound nonhazardous, non-bulk, waste containers.
· Responsible for using test strips and material testing methods and procedures.
· Ability to identify and verify container labels.
· Identify unknown chemicals, laboratory and otherwise, when they are encountered.
· Understand and manage chemicals based on physical and chemical properties for proper handling and disposal.
· Direct and assist personnel in solidification operations.
· Perform inspections of staging and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping and compliance is in accordance with appropriate regulations and procedures.
· Track and manage inbound loads of nonhazardous non-bulk containers
· Prepare packing lists, labels, manifests
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.