1. Undergraduate degree in Chemistry or related field.
2. Entry level up to 5 year’s experience.
3. Familiarity with instrumental methods such as particles sizing, XRD, and viscometry preferred but not required.
4. Familiarity with microbiology test methods preferred but not required.
5. Good communication skills (written, verbal and multimedia).
6. Flexible in accepting diverse assignments.
7. Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understand, implement and promote maintenance and technical service of existing products and the development of new products. Respond to internal and external customer technical service needs and requirements.
1. Conduct laboratory projects as required by the Technical Support Manager.
2. Work with customers and sales representatives, as required, for promotion of new and existing products.
3. Respond to customers’ service needs and requirements as identified by the Technical Support Manager.
4. Contribute to technical documents including: data sheets, prototype formulations, reports and presentations, for the support and promotion of new and existing products.
5. Coordinate submission of samples to and collection of results from third party analytical laboratories.
6. Serve as resource for Vanderbilt Chemicals and its contract microbiology labs.
7. Follow internal and external standardized procedures; experience with ASTM methods a plus.
8. Comply with all quality system procedures.
9. Maintain laboratory equipment, chemicals and supplies.