EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Ten (10) + years of professional experience in finance, cost accounting and management reporting in a standard cost manufacturing environment, preferably within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry.
- Profile: Structured & process-oriented, energetic, proactive and driven, problem-solver, strong written and verbal communication skills, team player. Experience in a large, matrixed, global organization and the ability to effectively influence and challenge business partners.
- Critical thinking – demonstrates an “intellectual curiosity” needed to evaluate and interpret financial information and use this information to drive effective decision-making.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a large, Global organization.
- Influencing – ability to use financial and business knowledge to actively influence day to day decisions of business partners.
- Strong cost accounting and systems experience in a complex manufacturing/supply chain environment (SAP experience is preferred).
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Finance Oncology and Biologics Operations, supporting Supply Chain, Technical Operations and Quality functions in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Associate Director, Finance supporting Oncology and Biologics Operations you will be empowered to oversee the finance and accounting activities for the Supply Chain, Technical Operations and Quality functions within Oncology and Biologics and a typical day will include:
- Partner with global Oncology and Biologics Management team to influence decision-making and drive financial performance toward budget and forecast commitments.
- Prepare business cases and NPV analysis related to key Global projects, including Evaluation of Takeda internal manufacturing sites vs Contract Manufacturing Organizations.
- Lead the product costing and financial reporting Business Process Redesign initiative within Oncology and Biologics Finance.
- Lead annual budget and mid-year commitment (MYC) activities for Technical Operations, Supply Chain and Quality cost centers, which will include challenging headcount and spending assumptions where appropriate and influencing Operations Management to achieve Budget/MYC targets.
- Serves as active lead in preparing the Oncology Biologics Plan and MYC presentations to Global Manufacturing Supply and Global Quality leadership team.
- Lead annual product costing process for Oncology & Biologics products, proactively challenging provided assumptions and ensuring that standard costs are calculated accurately.
- Prepare and present analysis of year over year change drivers to Global Manufacturing & Supply Finance and Commercial Business Unit finance leaders.
- Oversee development of annual budget/MYC for cogs variances (scrap, inventory write-offs and purchase price variance) for Oncology & Biologics products and provides monthly analysis of actuals vs. plan.
- Oversee planning and reporting of all Oncology and Biologics project spending and works closely with Technical Operations and Quality Management to maintain in-depth understanding of the purpose, timeline and desired outcome for each individual project.
- Provide Operations Management & Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS)/Global Quality (GQ) Controlling office monthly performance reports detailing actual results vs. planned results and provides recommendations on trade-off decisions necessary to achieve budget commitments.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts at CMO’s in Europe.
- Works closely with Supply Chain to ensure activities performed at global external contract manufacturing organizations are accurately reflected in SAP.
- Collaborate with Global Shared Service centers and Operations Management to ensure compliance with Takeda policies, internal controls, and accounting standards.
- Serve as the lead contact for Oncology and Biologics Internal and external audits at the Boston location.